sabato 27 marzo 2021

Gitane Record old steel

I really don't know why I actually spent some money on that. 
With hindsight is not the type of bike I would buy. There are no components I can easily swap around, everything here is one step older than my usual bikes. 

Well, anyway, I fell in this and I must admit the bike is in very good condition, very close to a NOS. This is somehow dated around 1989-90; but I confess that it is very difficult to make an educated guess. 
Gitane catalogues from that time does not show any "Record" model, neither made of Columbus tubings, until going farther to 1994-95. I never saw any model with this colour scheme. The only thing I am sure about is that Sachs Aris 600 was issued around 1990 - when no catalogue shows "Record+" model at that time. 

 The frame is made of lugged Columbus Cromor (main triangle), unknown steel tubes for the remaining pieces, and Vitus dropouts. The painting is very very 90-ies with dark green fading in bright (almost fluo) green, I must confess that I kind of light it. 20210324_131240 

Transmission is full Aris 600, except for the crankset, a modest Stronglight 80 with a triple chainring. This crank has a 86mm BCD, very uncommon these days, with the option to go down to 28T! 20210324_131247 

The bike works very well but I never used it yet. I will think what are the odds with it. 20210324_131312 

Not sure if I want to use a more recent wheelset and put it on a sturdy and reliable transmission!
c

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento