giovedì 18 marzo 2021

Swiss Cross

Ah, so nice! 
 In 2014 I had to sell my beloved Swiss Cross because I was moving and I did not know if and when I could have use my bikes again, and with the SC I sold almost every piece I had with me. 
Anyway, this Christmas I had the opportunity to buy a (not so cheap but) brand new frameset: https://avvsavv.blogspot.com/2021/02/two-special-guests-for-2021.html 

I actually spent a lot of time tinkering how to complete the bike. I did not exclude anything, even going for a flat bar. Eventually I went for a conservative 1x setup, with Sram transmission and a very nice DT Swiss wheelset. 
 Here it is: Swisscross 

There are some items I don't still like. 
Pedals: very very nice PDM737, this were my first clipless pedals. And when I say my first ones, I mean that I used to have exactly this pair on my 1991 Giant Cadex CFM 1. 
Handlebar: too big, it's a Pro 46, probably good for a monstercross but not on this bike. I will go for a 42. 
Cables: omg, very bad workmanship here. Length is totally wrong. Will shorten them once changing my handlebar. 
Saddle: old Flite Max. Very comfortable but not what you'd expect here. I will go either for a classic Flite or for something new. 
I will spend some more time on it. 
c

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento