domenica 14 marzo 2021

Stevens X8C trekking

OMG, just one word: trekking. Is it not enough just to close this post? 

Well, actually not really. I had a very good opportunity to get a 2010 Stevens X8C trekking bike. It was top of the shelf model for that year, coming with a 63mm travel Suntour front fork, completed XT groupset and somehow light aluminum frame, for a whoopie 11-ish kgs.
  x_8_disc_81 
And
  x_8_disc_81_v 

I initially thought about it only for the brakes (and possibly for the wheels), but then it was too much of a nice frame to try and sell it. 
I am currently waiting for a good and new set of Avid BB5 road calipers to set it up with a road handlebar (I am thinking to reuse the SPecy carbon handlebar coming off my Morati)  - thought I'd need a very short stem.
I have a feeling that the bike can handle bigger tyres than the 33 CX Schwalbe I have on it. 
I already swapped the crankset - originally coming in a 26-36-48 (ahh, so 90ies) with a 28-42. But I know that I could probably go up to 44. 
On the rear I am try to use a 105 SS derailleur with its 9s 11-32 cassette. 
Let's wait for the calipers and we'll see which way to go. 
c

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento